Poetry in Sounds is a new music contest hosted by Naviar Records. Every month we’ll present a recently published poetry collection and invite musicians worldwide to make a song inspired by the publication. Parallel to the weekly Naviar Haiku challenge, Poetry in Sounds is a monthly contest where the author and Naviar’s team will select the three best tracks and reward the artists with free music software or books.
This project aims to strengthen the bond between music and poetry further, offer musicians a regular opportunity to hone their craft and get new tools to explore a broader range of sounds.
You can submit only one composition. There are no restrictions in the song’s length or genre.
On this page, you’ll find the latest Poetry in Sounds contest. Make music inspired by the assigned publication.
To submit your track:
- If you’re a Soundcloud user, upload it on Soundcloud and send us the URL via private message, or tag me in the track.
- If you upload your music on Youtube, Bandcamp or anywhere else, upload your submission and send us the link by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- If you don’t use any music platform or social media, upload your track to this Dropbox folder. If you choose this option, make sure you include your name in the track’s title and your contact details.
- Whichever way you decide to upload your submission, please make sure to state what inspired your sonic response.
- The deadline is two weeks (14 days) after the new contest is announced
- Rewards will change regularly. Check the blog post related to the current challenge to see which rewards winners will receive. The winners will be selected by Naviar and the authours themselves.